Monday, January 5, 2009

Psalm 108:1-3

My heart is fixed, O God; I'll sing; my psalms I'll raise.
My soul shall sing; awake O harp! At dawn I'll wake to praise.

I will give thanks to Thee among the peoples, Lord.
Among the nations of the world to Thee I'll psalms accord.

Yes, God, we will give thanks to you among the peoples. We will raise our songs of praise to you amidst our brethren; amidst the nations we will exalt you as Lord. For your love is as vast as the heavens above us. Your mercy is as deep as the oceans below. Your faithfulness is more steadfast than the mountains and rocks of earth.

And we pray that your glory would be advance. That today, in this hour your might receive us again into your presence, and accept the praises we bring. We pray too that our voices would resound with melodies of adoration. We pray that the unison of our voices would match the harmony of our hearts. Lord, would even that the tones of our lips might resonate beyond these walls—touching those who still do dwell in the darkness of their sins.

Yet, whatever may occur beyond us, we pray that this room would be wholly devoted unto you. That our souls might be taken up to heaven, that we might meet with you and be sanctified by your Spirit.